Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sometimes you get junk and my Wednesday

Last night I got my 2 surfboards ready and some gear for a dawn patrol.
I picked up my friend Luke at 5:45am. We drove to the North Shore 40 minutes away.
Only to find big junkie waves. We drove to almost every spot in the NS. All the same junk.
We ended up taking a nap in the car and then going to breakfast. We talked about a zine we will be putting together.

I was back in town by 11am. Dropped off Luke and picked up photographer Chris McDonough and shot photos until 5pm for the Outdoor issue of the Honolulu Weekly. I'll post a photo as soon as I get them tomorrow. It's gonna be me on the cover as requested by the editor Ragnar Carlson. Shooting photos can be harder than you think. You have to rely on sunlight, available props, weather, natural elements like mosquitoes and steep cliffs, and the trigger finger of a photographer who you hope has adequate technical skills to produce a successful image... and model... fuck.

I drove Chris to his house by 6pm to view and select the best photos. My car broke down at his house. Although he offered to give me a spare 91' Nissan in his garage for free. Lets see if that happens.
I didn't get out of his house until 8:30. He drove me home.
My girlfriend thought I was coming home at 6pm. She was on the verge of pissed. but not.
Its 12:22am can't sleep.

The cool thing about an illustration is that the image is at the fingertips of an illustrator. A much more controlled environment.

Photographs require working with more variables.
Example cover shots ASAP

No comments: