Friday, January 23, 2009

Its never too late to start


So here goes.
My first day as a bloggah.
Inspired by my great friend James.
Met him when I was probably 5 years old. He lived 5 houses down the street. We started riding big wheels together, then bikes, then skateboards; began making art together beginning with sketchbook drawing and ceramics, to painting, and graff... and lived together on and off for a few years in Brooklyn. I've never fought with anyone so many times and made up. Now we are separated by land and ocean, but still stay in contact. This Blog will keep our connection live. Along with my connection to the world. Right on James. You never fail to push me to create. I'll never forget being stoned off my ass laying on the floor at Utopia and you opening up my sketchbook in front of me with water colors. You put a paint brush in my hand and said paint and I did. My hand was so wobbly but that became the style. Brothers are always there to push each other. I love you Brother. And that's the last time I'll use the L word for a while as to not come off too soft. Here we go.
-Manny Aloha

No comments: