Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Ding Repair

I'm not bragging about this moment. I just found it funny and a little scary.
At the supermarket with my pregnant lady Marisa.

We're buying groceries of for a BBQ at our friend Rob Duncan.
Marisa is being good and buying veggies and fruit.

I'm almost totally broke and all I want and can afford is chicken and beer.

And all I want to do is do ding repair and sand my surfboards.
We get to the register and pay separate and the beer cost more than the chicken,
which she points out.

I almost feel guilty but not.

I can't focus my mind on anything else but sanding my boards. And its Marisa's only day off.

I felt so selfish.
So she says go sand. It's too late I had to leave.
I go to Rob's because he has a big backyard for me to make a mess.
For the next 2 hour I sand and drink a few beers while Marisa stayed home and cried.

I felt terrible, but there was nothing I can do.
I already dropped in.

When I finished, I hustled back home, got down on my knees and apologized for a while and finally got her to come with me back to the BBQ.
but first we drove up Tantalus Mountain and watched the fire works in the rain. We sat in the back of our station wagon hatchback until the fireworks started. Then I held two layers of straw matting over our heads for perfect romantic shelter.

Those fireworks saved my relationship.
If we would have missed them, I may have been a gonner.

The fireworks went off right on time at around 8:30pm.

Then we went back to the BBQ just as Rob started Q-ing it up.
We ate big.
then went home and crashed.

That was a close one.
I almost lost my lady to ding repair.
-Manny

1 comment:

JPL said...

Yeah relationships get dings just like surf boards.
and im sure that as you are getting better and quick at your ding repair same goes for minor dings in the relationship.

as well you learn to stay away from dangerous terrain which dings things

but hell yeah surfin that insane reef can be exillerating and a man needs his chicken and beer

no doubt!!!