Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday Self Portrait


Honestly, I didn't do shit today except eat and sleep and I tell myself...
"Shit! You got shit to do homeboy if you plan on being a full time successful artist. You can't be sittin' around watchin' tv all day. Oh well. Thats the way it goes sometimes... especially when you drink a little too much the previous night, which is what I did with Marisa. Gotta focus more.
Every time I have free time, I'm surfing. But it feels so good thats why. Saturday we BBQd on the North Shore at my favorite break with our friends Amy and Sam and their two kids Makai, and Kainoa. We arrived at noon and John Esguerra was there to meet me to surf. We surfed another break down the line all to ourselves. John used to work at the Diesel store on 14th Street, NYC and run the art shows... sometimes surf art shows. He remembered me when we met a couple of months ago checkin' out waves doin' dawn patrol.
Yeah so we caught some fun ones on Saturday, ate good food then came back to town for a show, Ozomotli at Aloha Tower...
Good times which caused me to spend almost all day in bed with Marisa. Just ate and slept and ate and then road bikes to a place down the street called Magic Island for the sunset.
A shower and here I am.
Great weekend but I want to spend more time creating art and skateboards.
Life management strategies go on in my head.
Theres my weekend blog.
-Manny Aloha

1 comment:

JPL said...

Dude i love this drawing
so awsome
and i also love that you still using tapes.
yeah homie never lettin go of those roots......gotta respect that!!!!!!