Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mahalo means Thank you in Hawaiian



Mahalo to my Big Blood Brother Bob who taught me how to be STRONG than most.
Mahalo to my Brother James Lynch who taught me how to have an insatiable appetite for life and dope information.
Mahalo to my Brother Mike Vargas who taught me how to meet ladies.
Mahalo to my Brother Noah Todd who taught me how to get tech with computer graphics and organize my dolla billz.
Mahalo to my HomeGirl Marisa who taught me how to eat FRESH!
Mahalo to my BrothaMan Eric LIndveit who taught me everything I know about working with wood and how to use a tape measure to the 1/32nd.... and how to make shit TITS...and for teaching me the concept of being Hyper Aware especially when using deadly machines like a table saw.
Mahalo to my Brother Ethan Lau and Christian Hosoi who taught me how to skate with style, Power, and Breath.
Mahalo to my Man Zach who is currently teaching me how to organize my time and incoming information.
Mahalo to my Mom Carol for Being the Best Loving Generous Mom and teaching me how to be good.
I can keep going.
But I'll save it for later.
ALOHA YALL.
Signing off
-MANNY SKATE DA SURFA ARTIST
P.S.
the photo I posted is a the cover illustration I did for
this weeks Honolulu Weekly Newspaper....
which is like NYC's Village Voice.
I'm stoked to see my drawing all over the city and island.

2 comments:

ntodd said...

Manny,
Mahalo for all shout outs! Your covers are super fresh!! Start framing those "Tear Sheets".

So psyched everything is going so well, Aloha to Marisa, see you homies in January!!

Noah

ntodd said...

Manny,
Mahalo for all shout outs! Your covers are super fresh!! Start framing those "Tear Sheets".

So psyched everything is going so well, Aloha to Marisa, see you homies in January!!

Noah